Tuesday, June 18, 2013

 

BBC Woman's Hour reprimanded but also unfairly let off, re my complaint of serious misrepresentation

BBC Woman's HourWoman Sour as its affectionately known in some circles – deliberately misrepresented me, the BBC Trust today concedes. Instead of describing me accurately as an independent (non-affiliated) researcher/writer (into the biological roots of human sociality), Woman's Hour presenter Jane Garvey on air stated that I was a 'self-described academic', when of course I have never thus described myself.
     More seriously, she also deliberately and maliciously misrepresented my written submission and oral presentation to a House of Commons select committee in their inquiry into 'women in the workplace', as an explanation, she claimed, of why no women get 'to the top'; when of course it is an explanation of why it is a low proportion of those 'at the top' are women. But the Trust made the amazing unfounded claim that listeners somehow would have understood that she meant not why no woman would ever thus achieve, but merely that most would not!
     Do BBC Trust members not read internet discussion board comments – even of their own programmes?! Are they wilfully oblivious to current totalitarian politics and the stupid opinions this drives?!
     It seems that the BBC is afraid of any criticism of it not honouring its public service remit. No criticism of the BBC's 'identity politics' mantra is permissible, despite this stance being scientifically, culturally and historically illiterate, and clearly inimical to a public service ethos.
     OFFCOM is of course suffused with the same dread lurgi, but I will progress my complaint there in any case.
     The Trust mischievously also chose to rule on something not part of my complaint per se. I'd pointed out in support of my complaint that Woman's Hour is demonstrably scientifically illiterate with respect to anything re how the sexes inter-relate; and the programme had replied illustrating my point by citing nothing it its defence – merely alluding to women cancer topics and such, which apply to just one sex. Notwithstanding that evidence on BBC scientific illiteracy was not material to my complaint -- which was purely about Woman's Hour's misrepresentation of me -- and no such evidence was requested; the Trust nevertheless included in its decision that Woman's Hour was not scientifically illiterate! A raw nerve touched, evidently; and one which I will be properly torturing in due course.

More widely, the answer to the BBC's wholesale capitulation to PC-fascism is for everyone to refuse to pay the TV licence fee until the BBC stops perpetrating hatred of ordinary people en mass, and ditches it's totalitarian political contempt for them.
     I have not paid for 20 years, and I've written to them several times stating ten reasons why: high up the list being the EU directive that member governments must not interfere with the receipt of free broadcast media -- which the BBC necessarily does re C4, ITC, etc, in demanding the licence fee without providing any option of eschewing its own broadcasting. Given the support for the EU by the BBC then it's strange it refuses to abide by this.
     My principal objection, though, is that if the BBC wishes to persistently and systematically broadcast PC-fascist propaganda in direct contravention of its public service remit, then it should pay US for the offensive intrusion, and not demand a regressive inflated poll tax to fund out own oppression.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?